Thursday, July 30, 2009

Jace's First Month


I can't believe it has now been 5 weeks since Jace was Born. It only seems like yesterday when we wlcomed him into the world and our lives. He has truly been a wonderful blessing. He is so Loved. He has had a trying first 5 weeks though as we tried to get his weight back to birth weight, which that took 3 weeks with a combo of breastfeeding and supplementing formula all to find out that he is allergic to the proteins that are in Dairy so no more BF for me cause I just couldn't give up dairy. I mean if I did what would I eat not much LOL!! Anyway then after finding out no dairy or milk fo rhim right now the other problem he has is Acid Reflux and gas or tummy issues so he was put strictly on a formula called Alimentium which worked but he would always be hungry and it is so expensive so then we tried Soy which was ok but mad his reflux and gas worse so now we are on a formula called Nutramigen and he is on a Reflux med called Zantac which is made for babies. He has had some problems with the Zantac so when he goes to the Doc in a few weeks we will see what she wants to do for him. The Nutramigen has helped his gas quite a bit though he still has some bad nights or days and he has gained weight and he likes it so all in all he is now doing well and becoming much more happier and alert. I do know that Jace likes Baths but hates tummy time and if he had a choice he would be without clothes all the time to . He loves to be held and swaddled and enjoys his Pacifier. We just had this past week Pics done of him and they are cute. The funniest is a pose in which Todd was holding him in his hands naked and what did Jace do he peed on him. It was funny and it showed up in the picture.Ashtyn loves her little brother. She is a good big sis and loves to help when she can and gives hugs and kisses and says he's cute, however she still has some jealousy issues but I know she will soon outgrow that.We adore Jace although he keeps us up some nights when his tummy bothers him and he has colic so it takes along time to soothe him and get him to rest and go down and believe me he tires himself out but still won't wind down. The only solution I found to this is when he starts as soon as we take him outside in the fresh air he is as quiet and calm as a lark. It is just to funny but I guess he likes the outdoors cause it is soothing to him. Again this last 5 weeks have been a joy but also trying and frustrating in trying to keep him healthy and happy. We look forward to the months to come and I only hope he outgrows his tummy issues and that he can be a much happier baby. Jace We Love You!!!

3 comments:

April Gould said...

Sooooo cute! I love yourt family photo too!

Marisa and Rob said...

What a cute boy!!! I love the family photo! SO you don't want to give up Dairy for 9 months like I did!!! :) I'm hopping I don't have to give up anything with this one!!! We are slowly giving Amirra milk and other dairy things.....which has been WONDEFRUL!!! More things for me to feed her!! :) I'm so glad everyone is doing good. Were doing good here, just been busy around before Rob starts school in 2 weeks.

We find out what we are having in 3 weeks Aug. 25 th is the day!!!We are hopping for a boy, but I'm good with whatever!! :)

Stephanie said...

Jace is so cute! he looked so much healthier at Nicoles baby blessing, so i can just imagine him now with extra baby fat and such. I cant beleive that he peed on Todd's hand- thats so funny!

I love everyone and cant wait until we see eachother again :)